Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Have you ever made a card and everything just fell into place and turned out better than you ever expected?  Well, I am not the best at "guy cards", but I have to say that this has to be the best "guy card" I have ever created.   I absolutely love this "Quiet Sunset" digi by D2D and couldn't wait to color it up with my colored pencils and gamisol.  I did use Copics on the boat.  How about that great "woodgrain technique" that I learned today on Stamp TV?  Awesome and so masculine!!  I knew it would be perfect for this card.    I added some eyelets and jute since I knew I could add any bows or flowers.  I hope this will give you some inspiration for Father's Day next month.

Challenges:
Cards For Men - Someone Special
My Partner In Crafting Crime - Jute, Twine or String
Stamps R Us - Goin' Digital
Stamp Something - Anything Goes
AiFactory - Nature Walk
Rainbow Lady's - Let's Feel It
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Divas By Design - Anything Goes
Digistamps 4 Joy - It's a Celebration
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
~pat~
Pin It

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome card Pat! Fab coloring & I love the woodgrain look!

Jen Leeflang said...

Oh - how beautiful is your card!!??Thanks for joining us on our Digistamps 4 Joy "It's a Celebration" Challenge!
luv n huggz
Jen
DS4J DT Co-ordinator

craftyb said...

Awwww - this is gorgeous! Simple image coloured beautifully! The jute trim just finishes it perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week! bx

Mani said...

Hello.
Beautiful card. Lovely image.
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges and Good Luck.
Manuela

Vicky said...

Fabulous pat...!

thanks for joining us at Divas..and good luck!

hugs Vicky xx

Kristine said...

That is so cool Pat!! Love your coloring and TWINE---perfect fit for Father's Day card =)

Kristine said...

That is so cool Pat!! Love your coloring and TWINE---perfect fit for Father's Day card =)

Rainbow Lady said...

Fab card. Love that image, the woodgraining and the twine..... superb. Thanks so much for sharing Love Cynthia x

Kathy W. said...

Very nice Father's Day card! Love the red boat:)

papertrails leaver said...

what a fabulous card for Father's day! Thanks for joining us at Penny's for our anythin goes challenge. :-) Amy

jojoscraps said...

You are right. Everything did fall into place perfectly! Your colors and design are gorgeous and I really like the masculine feel you've achieved. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamps R Us.
Jo xx

Crystal said...

gorgeous! just love your coloring too. thanks for playing along with us at AiFactory & hope to see you again soon! hugs!

sparklingblackrose said...

Great guy card-well done, and what great colouring :-) Thank you so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime this fortnight, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT xxx
p.s I have candy! :-)

Robin said...

Your twine is a perfect touch for this masculine card!! Thanks so much for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

Peggysue said...

I have yet to watch the wood graining video on Stamp TV. I seem to be behind on everything!!
You did a fabulous job on this manly card Pat.
Hugs,
PeggySue

Thanks for visiting!