Friday, February 18, 2011

Gingham Thank You

(I just added a Followers button...don't ask me why it took me so long, but it is there now and you can follow me on  my crazy, creative journey.  Thanks to everyone that has already signed up and has been following me!)


Delightful Inspiration's Progressive Challenge

Free Image : Applique Tree
(free if you played along last week or you can find it here)

Here is my card using the image, Applique Tree. 

I love this new image and the possibilities are endless.  I could resist, but to paper piece this image and make it look like a real appliqued picture.  I used lots of different patterned papers to make it all come together.  I added some little yellow punched flowers to the tree to make it look like spring blooms on a tree.  The bird is popped up with some tiny foam dots.  I used my rectangle nestabilities to make the brown frame.  Not sure what I was going to do with this card, so I decided on a "Thank You" sentiment.

You might want to go over to the Designed2Delight's store and check out all the new "Spring" images that Faith has added.  She's been quite busy lately!!  They are so cute and you will be seeing more of them here real soon.  I can't seem to color fast enough.


Other Challenges:
Crafty Creations - Thank You
Your Next Stamp - Paper Piecing
Alphabet Challenge - "P" is for Paper-piecing
Charisma Cardz - Spring has Sprung



Recipe:
Card stock: White
Patterned Paper:  Yellow Gingham (The Paper Studio), Be Loved (My Mind's Eye), Autumn Amber Collection (DCWV), Good Morning Sunshine (SU!)
Image: Applique Tree (D2D)
Stamp: Thanks (Fiskars), black ink
Misc: mini flower punch, mini brads, foam dots

Thanks for stopping by!
~pat~
Pin It

14 comments:

~ Kendra ~ said...

Pat, this card is amazing! Beautiful paper piecing!! Love the added flowers in the tree, great idea!!

Anonymous said...

Love it. What a great idea. Ditto to what Kendra said about the Flowers. LOVE!

Kathie ~ Beary Wishes said...

Pat, love the paper piecing. I should try it but I'm not entirely sure how to do it. It does look amazing.
Hugs, Kathie

dstandard said...

This is just too cute! Love the tree flowers! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

happyglitzygirl said...

this design is perfect for paper piecing. Great card and colours. thanks for playing along with us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog, blessings Hilde

terrie said...

Awesome paper piecing...I like the added flowers on the tree...well done

Shelly said...

oh wow, Pat! This is the best paper piecing I've ever seen. It would look nice framed.

Allison said...

cute card
Thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
AllisonX

Faith S. said...

OMGosh, Pat!! This is ADORABLE!!! I love what you did with the tree! Awesome!

LaVerne said...

I love your paper piecing. Great card!

Sally said...

Beautiful spring card, thanks for joining us at Charisma.
Sally. x

Helen Ann said...

I love the card, the paper piecing is fab - love the applique effect

Thanks for joining us at the alphabet challenge blog

Hel xox

Kerri said...

Oh I just love your adorable paper pieced scene! Such a cute card!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

Unknown said...

Thank you for inspiring and sharing this beautiful creation

Thanks for visiting!