Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Just foolin'...it's not Mother's Day or even close, but I did want to show you this little gift card holder I made and decided to go with the Mother's Day sentiment.


I used the Good Morning Sunshine Collection DP from Stampin' Up as my card base.  I love SU's DP, as it is 2-sided and has a nice thickness to it.  The brown loopy border is a Martha Stewart punch with some more of the DP.  I do love the combo of golden yellow with brown.  The little crocheted flower is a product of little ol' me.  I have been making these little crocheted flower like crazy in every color imaginable.  Instead of yarn, I have been using embroidery floss that is just sitting here from my cross-stitch days.  Crafters never throw anything away and that is just proof of it right there!!  The sentiment was created on the computer and punched out with a SU punch and backed with brown cardstock that I carefully trimmed.  A brown button tied with yellow embroidery floss finished off the little flower.  I used a little piece of velcro to keep the top flap closed.

I hope you are having a sunshiny day!

~pat~ Pin It

No comments:

Thanks for visiting!