Thursday, October 1, 2009

CCAYR October Challenge

It's October!! EEK! Where in the world are the month's going so fast? The challenge for October over at CCAYR was to make a Christmas card using the color pink and a ribbon in honor of Breast Cancer month.
I used the snowflakes embossing folder by Provo Craft to create the background paper. The sentiment was generated on my computer and cut out with my oval die cuts. A scalloped edge that was paper pierced, faux stitching, snowflakes punches, a pearl stone and some pink ribbon all add a special touch to this pink Christmas card.
Why is it when you have specific elements that have to be implemented in a card, other ideas always pop into my head instead of what I need to do. I have to admit that I really struggled with this challenge and I really don't know why? Pink and a ribbon? How easy can that be?
This card was the inspiration of the patterned paper by DCWV. Quick and easy...some snowflake punches, brads, sentiment and some sheer white ribbon completed this card in record time once I decided on my embellishments. A little different, a little contemporary and I am liking it a whole lot! I hope you do, too!!
Check out the CCAYR blog and see what exciting designs the other design team members came up with. Don't forget if you do 5 cards using this challenge in the month of October, you can be the winner of of great prize!!
Thanks for stopping by today!
~pat~
Pin It

2 comments:

Caryl P said...

Beautiful cards Pat! I love the pink one, because I'd never think to combine pink with snowflakes but the effect is truly stunning. I hope I remember that one in the future!

Margaret Moody said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Pat! I especially love the embossed snowflakes on pink! So very pretty!

Thanks for visiting!