Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Apple a Day

Whew...I don't know what happened, but I lost my template on my blog and I thought, I lost everything.  It was quite a nightmare and now I am left with this very simple blog design thanks to Blogger!  I can create, but I am not as compute literate that I wished I was.  Someday, I will figure it all out.

On to my card for Wednesday....

REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION :)

 

I used the Designed2Delight, "Apple a Day" digital image.  I am so loving this basket overflowing with apples.   I couldn't decide what color I wanted my apple to be, sooooo...why not red, yellow and green.  Looking at this images makes me crave a nice crisp, juicy apple.  I colored the image with my Copics and used a circle die cut the cut it out and make a scalloped layer.  There is the white card base, then a brown layer and on top of that an embossed green layer.  Then, I used strips of DP (green squiggly is from Pebbles Treehouse and the red stripe is from the Amber Autumn Paper Pack by DCWV) and brown card stock to make my border design.  The loopy punch is from Fiskars and the zig zag punch is from Martha Stewart and I don't remember the exact names of the punches.  I added some yellow brads to the red strip.  I am trying to use up some of those little embellishments that are just sitting around.  I don't know about you, but I have way too many brads that are being neglected!!  As a final touch, I added a red crocheted flower (my own creation) and a yellow felt flower and button.  I found the felt flowers and button at my local sewing store by the buttons.  They are Favorite Findings by Blumenthal Lansing Co.  I love to browse the sewing dept looking for little embellishments for my cards. 

Faith is continually coming up with the most adorable digital images and you should check out the Delightful Inspirations blog. 

Thanks for stopping by!
~pat~
Pin It

1 comment:

Lisa Petrella said...

What a festive FALL card! I love the embossed background and the way you colored the image!! I also love those flowers----they are the perfect finishing touch!

Thanks for visiting!