Friday, October 1, 2010

CCAYR October Challenge

It's a new month and that means one more month closer to...Christmas!  The CCAYR (Christmas Cards All Year Round) challenge for October was to make a card that included stitched (faux or real) and distressing.  Here is the card I came up with...


I used a much neglected image from Plum Purdy, "Too Much Snow" for my main focal point.  I colored up the snowman with my markers and cut it out with the Labels 2 die cuts by Spellbinders.  My distressing is the sponged on green ink around the edges of the die cut.  I am not ever sure about distressing.  Maybe, I just need to practice more?  Couldn't hurt anyway.  I added some stitching using green floss and the dashed lines on the DP looks like faux stitching.  I used two different DP's on this card.  The green polka dots is by Martha Stewart and the other is Christmas Stripes by KI Memories.  I cut another die cut to layer the snowman and added it to the card with foam tape.  I used the slot punch by SU to thread the ribbon behind the image.  Just a few little details...fake snow and glitter on the snowman's hat and the pine branches.  I am really pleased with the way this card turned out in the end. 

Go check out all the other CCAYR design team creations and go ahead and get started on your Christmas Cards.  If you post at least 5 Christmas cards using the challenge, you could be in the running to win the monthly prize.  It can be 5 different or 5 of the same card.  Go ahead, you know you want to get a head start on a stress-free holiday!  Tomorrow is World Card Making Day, so make it a fun day!

Thanks for stopping by!
~pat~


Pin It

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Gorgeous card! Makes me want to go out and get those Nesties!!

Barbara said...

What a wonderful card! I adore the snowman... and... EVERYTHING! :-)

Thanks for visiting!