Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Card Keeper


I never know what to do with my Christmas cards after Christmas is over.  I usually just put them in a box with the Christmas decorations and there they stay.  Well...this year I saw a really cool idea on pinterest and decided that since I started a "new life" in 2011 when I got married that I would start some new traditions with my new husband.  I made a cute little card keeper to showcase the cards year after year.  It will be fun to go back and read the cards again every year.

I made a front from chipboard and some DP.  The snowman image is a freebie printable from  the Eighteen 25 blog that I used to make my holiday organizer that I will post soon.  I just punched 2 holes in each card on the left side and added the binder rings and of course, some ribbon. I am looking forward to continuing this tradition every year to showcase my Christmas cards and it will be fun to go back and look at them year after year. 

Recipe:
Image: Freebie (Eighteen 25 Blog)
Paper:  Green Gingham DP (D2D), Sugar Plums Collection (Recollections)
Misc:  2 Binder Rings, assorted ribbon, Scallop edge punch (SU!), Lacey Scallop dies (Spellbinders), Tag Sticker (Doodlebug Designs), Glitter Alphabet Stickers.


Challenges:
Unstampabelles Challenges - Anything Goes (No Stamps)


Happy 2012 to You!
~pat~
Pin It

1 comment:

Faith S. said...

LOVE this!!! What a great idea, and such a wonderful keepsake! This would make a great gift, too!

Thanks for visiting!