Delightful Inspiration is full of changes for 2011 and one of them is the "Try It Tuesday" post. Today's theme was altering a food container. I couldn't resist making something fun for Valentine's Day.
I started with a Quaker Oats container and ended up with this...
1. Measure the height and diameter of your container.
2. Cut DP to fit and attach with "Sticky Tape" or "Red Line Tape". You want your DP and embellishments to stay attached.
3. Decorate as desired with border punches, ribbon, etc...
4. Select an appropriate digi or stamp, color and decorate as desired, attach to the container. I used "Love Ya Cupcake". It was perfect for Valentine's Day.
5. Measure the lid and attach DP or card stock paper. I used a circle die cut that was the same size as the lid. Decorate as desired. I used a homemade felt flower that was made with 5 circles of felt of graduating sizes, sewn together and attached.
I love how the top of the oatmeal box fits snug. I can't wait to fill it with lots of Valentine's treats and give it to someone special.
Hop on over to the Delightful Inspiration Blog and check out some more great altered food container ideas.
Stamps -Love Ya Cupcake (D2D)
Paper - Ka Zoo Collection (K & Co.), Anna Griffin
Coloring - Copics
Misc - Ribbon (American Crafts), Liquid Applique, felt, Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars), Circle die cuts (Spellbinders)
Thanks for stopping by!