Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Get Well Ladybug

Well...Some BAD news and some GOOD news.  First, my 5 year old computer crashed on Sunday and it was a sad day as I didn't back up all my files, but just some of them and pretty much lost everything.  All my digi's are now gone except for the Designed2Delight ones that I happened to backup on my external hard drive a couple of weeks ago.  So the only other digi's I have left are the ones that I had already printed.  But, life goes on and I wasn't about to give up on my computer and on Monday after a lot of thought, I spent the entire afternoon on the phone with a Dell Tech and now....my computer is like brand new.  I lost everything and have to start fresh, but my computer is running like brand new.  I am happy and thankful to the Dell tech that revived my computer and brought it back from the computer graveyard.  So even though it started out bad, it ended up being a very good thing :)

Now on to my card.


I have had this adorable digi, "Little Ladybug" by Whimsy & Stars Studio colored for some time and waiting to be made into a card.  It seems that I never have a get well card when I need one. Now, I have one in my stash ready to be sent.  I used Glossy Accents on the center of the flower and the ladybug's spots and a white gel pen for the highlights on her cheeks.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but there is a black and red button layered in the center of the crocheted flower.  I kept the card simple to showcase the adorable image.

Recipe:
Stamps - "Little Ladybug" (Whimsy & Stars Studio). Sentiment (Innkadinkado)
Paper - The Goods, Rudolph (American Crafts)
Coloring - Copics
Misc - Martha Stewart edge punch, crocheted flower, buttons, floss, Glossy Accents, Rectangle dies (Spellbinders)

Challenges: 
Heart Song Inspirations - Buttons and/or Brads 
Kaboodle Doodles - It's all about Girls 
My Craft Spot - Anything Goes 
Pollycraft - Favourite Things (that would be ladybugs!)
Crazy 4 Challenges - Layer it On 
Make It Colourful - Shade with Reds
Crafts 4 Eternity - Clean and Simple 
Fussy and Fancy - Polka Dots 
Happy Day to You!
~pat~



Pin It

8 comments:

pinky said...

Oh thats terrible, I keep meaning to back mine up:( I love your gorgeous card though, very sweet. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Joey said...

So sorry to hear you lost everything on your computer :( I need to do mine too. This is a gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at pollycraft. Joey x

Pat said...

Striking colors. Cute image. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Oh no! I just got done telling my husband that I would like an external HD for my bday tomorrow for that reason! On a positive, your card is absolutely adorable! I love the cute little lady! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at My Craft Spot this week!
Amber

michele said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week. Sorry to hear about your computer. hugs x

Designing with Debbie said...

Cute card. Sorry to hear about your computer, don't you just hate when that happens. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

Just A Pac Rat said...

Lovely card, love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at SSDS! Good Luck in the challenges.

On another note, sorry to hear about your computer. If you would of taken it to a mom and pop computer shop, they could of gotten all your files before you reformatted. Dell, chain stores and Best Buy are real good about those quick fixes because they don't care about peoples data. I meet several a month that have gone through the same thing. Remember in the future, Back up, Back up and Back up and try your local Computer shops for repairs.

Just A Pac Rat
http://circlebenterprises.com

Julie Robinson said...

this is SO cute! I may have to buy this digi!

Thanks for visiting!