Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pansy Birthday


Today, I am featuring a Whipper Snapper stamp that was created by Faith (Designed 2 Delight, designer) that is called, "Love Blooms".  It's a sweet little pot of flowers.  Living in the south, pansies are prevalent all winter long.  I plant mine in the fall and watch them bloom all winter long, but when the hot weather appears, they start fading away.  

I went with the pansy color scheme for my flowers.  I am loving the combo of the gingham paper with the polka dot ribbon and the addition of the eyelet lace border.  The finishing touch was the little felt flower brad. Once the image was colored, the card was pretty quick and easy to put together. 

I made this special little card for one of my favorite Aunts that will be turning 82 on Saturday.  Not being able to celebrate her birthday with her this year, I am sending her a little card and some yummy chocolate goodies.  Who doesn't love a little chocolate on their birthday? 

Challenges:
Moving Along With The Times - Blooming Marvellous
Paper Crafting Journey - Floral 
Little Darlings Challenges - Polka Dots 
My Mum's Craft Shop - Flowers 
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT - Bows
Birthday Sundaes - Birthday Card w/ birthday sentiment

~pat~



 
Pin It

9 comments:

Kristie W. said...

I love the purple & yellow color combo! Great image too!

Thank you for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

Kristie
Birthday Sundaes Owner
http://kreativekristie.blogspot.com

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Pat, such a pretty card!
Love the pansies.
Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Crafting Journey,
Love, Laura PCJDT

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Pat, Ah this is super what a great card, Love how its so nice and bright, Thanks for playing along on our Blooming Marvelous Challenge this week on MAWTT, Love Hazelxox

pinky said...

Thats just gorgeous Pat. Thanks for joining us at LCI.
Pinky

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So pretty! I love the colors!

Thanks for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes! :)

hugs,
Jo:)

Lisa Jane said...

what a fabulous card - so springlike
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this for my Blooming Marvellous challenge
Lisa x

Gaynor Greaves said...

This is gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

Bernardine Cuttino said...

These colors are awesome. My fave colors. Liking the image. CircuitJunkie sent me

Janiel/ janny said...

Very cute and the colors are just beautiful!!

hank you for joining us for our polka dot challenge at LD.
hugs....

Thanks for visiting!