Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just Because

UGH...I love to make cards with lots of  little embellishments, but lately it is costing me around 84 cents and more to mail a card.  I belong to a special group through Chemo Angels and I send out lots of encouragement cards to those struggling with cancer and going through Chemotherapy.  I decided that I needed to come up with some simple, mailable cards.  You know...the ones that fit into the envelope without any bulges.  Those bulges add up in the postal world.  So here is the first design I came up with and I made 16 of them in four different colors, pink, purple, yellow and blue.  I am only showing you the purple and yellow one.  The other ones have gone postal....literally. 


I used the Whimsy Flowers image from the Willow Whimsy Digital set by Designed2Delight.  I am loving this image and the versatility of it.  I cut out the images after printing and coloring them with my rectangle die cuts and made a matching scalloped layer.  The little round vases are an oval die cut that was cut in half and ran through the Bubbles embossing folder by Provo Craft.  If you look closely to the photos, I have the bumps on the outside of the brown vase and on the inside of the purple vase.  The sentiment is from the Round and Round stamp set by PaperTrey Ink.  I just attached the whole piece to a white card base.  I am not sure you can tell in the photos, but I put some Crystal Effects in the centers of each flower.  It gave the card just that little bit of bling without adding an extra weight. 


Thanks for stopping by!
~pat~
Pin It

No comments:

Thanks for visiting!