Friday, January 21, 2011

Cup of Cocoa

I am loving the bright colors on this card.  It brightens up the dreary days of winter.  I followed the Color Challenge over at The Pink Elephant (Pink, Orange and Aqua).  I wouldn't normally think of using these colors for a winter image, but I am liking the combo and the end result.  I chose the Whimsie Doodle image, "Cup of Cocoa" and colored it up according to the color challenge.  I went with a piece of orange polka dot patterned paper from the Amber Autumn paper pack by DCWV.  Next came the pink cardstock punched with the Garden Trellis punch by Martha Stewart.  The sentiment is from the stamp set, Melt your Heart by Printworks.  I stamped directly on the patterned paper.  I layered an orange felt flower (SU!), a white felt snowflake and an aqua button and held them together with pink floss.  My image is attached with foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Friday to You!
~pat~
Pin It

3 comments:

Lorie said...

What a bright, happy, fun card! Love it!

Lena said...

Great choice of colors. I am new at blogging. So this month I am giving away a custom apron @ lenascraftsblogspot.com
All entries are welcome

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card!! Love the WD image!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Thanks for visiting!