Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wonderful Friend

This is the card I made for the Color Challenge over at Claudia & Company.  It's a pretty simple challenge...use the colors, red, green and yellow.

Well...it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  I started with my image, the flowers from the "Willow Whimsy" set by Designed2Delight and colored it with markers.  Now you would think finding a piece of patterned paper that I wanted to go with the image would be pretty easy, but NO, it took me forever to finally decide on the strip of "Fly a Kite" collection by October Afternoon.  I backed it with a piece of "Classic Red" cardstock by The Paper Company that had been punched on the bottom edge with the Apron Lace punch by Fiskars and embossed on top with the Polka Dot embossing folder by Provo Craft.  OK...red...check...yellow...check.  Hmm...I need some green and in came the green polka dot ribbon from Michaels.  I corner rounded the bottom edges and then stamped the sentiment.  It's a wonderful stamp set from Paper Trey Ink, Round and Round.  To finish off the card, I added some Glossy Accents to the centers of the flowers.

Thanks for stopping by!
~pat~
Pin It

7 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, goodness! This is so bright and happy! Great card!

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful card...love image and great CAS layout!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Claudia & Co!!
Sheri-C&Co DT

Unknown said...

So beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing :)

Ruby said...

Love your card, the colours are great and that polka dot ribbon is gorgeous! A belated thank you for your comment on the Denami Blog Hop too, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Such a pretty card, Pat!! Love your layout, your paper choices, and that polka dot ribbon!!!!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Oh, love this! Nice and bold. Great border edge. REally, really like this, happy you shared it with Claudia & Co.

Smiles!
Gwen C&Co.

~*Joni said...

Oh Pat, wonderful hues to pair this sweet image with! I love strong primary colors, and paired with that fun green bow is perfect. :) Thank you for joining us at Claudia & Co. this week!
~*Joni C&Co. DT

Thanks for visiting!