Friday, January 28, 2011

You're a Great Catch


It's Friday and that mean a new release over at Delightful Inspirations.  Go check it out. If you played along this week then you already have the "free" image, if not you can pick it up here.  



I chose "Fishing Valentine" for my image from D2D today.  This is definitely a "guy" card and I tried hard to keep it that way.  As much as I love my flowers, ribbon and all those girly embellishments, I stuck with metal brads and jute.  After coloring my image and cutting it out, I back it with a piece of olive colored card stock and some metal brads in the corners.  Sticking with a manly look, I chose Kraft card stock as my base and mounted my image on it with foam tape.  I added Glossy Accents to all the hearts and the bear's nose.  The sentiment is the Alba font and I wrapped some jute around one end and tied a big knot.  I used the Zig Zag punch (Martha Stewart) to back the sentiment panel.  There you go...no girly touches on this card.

Challenges:
The Spotted Chick - Krafty Thursday
Prairie Fairy Fridays - For a Sweetheart



Thanks for stopping by!
~pat~
Pin It

8 comments:

Lorie said...

That is completely fabulous Pat! Great job!

PatS said...

Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you. Love your little fisherman heart card.

BrossArtAddiction said...

Really adorable card! Great card for the men in our lives! Amazing job!

Thanks so much for joining us over at FFF this week and goodluck! :)

x♥Tracey♥x
FFF/DT for PFD

Cor* said...

You done good with the masculine theme! Well done! Thanks for sharing your SWEETHEART creation with us at FFF this week! Best of luck to you! !

The Spotted Chick said...

Woo-hoo, this is one BEARY CUTE Valentine card!! That heart looks like I could reach right in and grab it. Too cool! Thanks so much for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

Suzi Mac said...

Awe!! this is so cute, a fab male card. Love that sentiment too. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Dionne said...

This card is very cute, and makes an awesome man card.
Thanks for playing with us at Fairy Fun Fridays.

Terry said...

Thank you for joining us at the FFF challenge blog, with your fabulous card. Hugs Terry xxxx

Thanks for visiting!