Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pink Purse Card

Designed2Delight's Card Making Ideas Challenge
Challenge: Fun Folds



I opted to make a card that looks like a little purse.  I started with a piece of pink cardstock that was cut 5" x 8" and folded in half.  I measured an inch from each edge on the open end and cut from the folded end to the open end at a diagonal on my paper cutter.  I used Labels One (the next to the largest size was perfect) for the top flap of the purse and folded it in half.  All the fronts pink cardstock was embossed with the Diamonds and Dots embossing folder by Quickutz.  I used scor-tape to attach the die cut to the back of the card base.  I made 2 slip in the top fold for the ribbon handle. 


Now that the card base is complete, the fun part begins....creating your own personal style.  I lined the inside with a piece of patterned paper (DCWV, Glittery Sweet Matstack) and added a little pocket if you wanted to add a gift card or a little cash.  The sentiment (Love2Hug by The Stamps of Life) is stamped on a scalloped long rectangle die cut with black ink.  The front image is D2D's Cuppy Cake colored with my markers and cut out.  I stamped the sentiment (HappBday2You by The Stamps of Life) and cut it out with a circle die cut and added a scalloped layer.  The whole image was attached to the top flap with scor-tape.  I used some small pieces of velcro to hold the card shut.

I hope you like my little pink card purse and stop on over at the D2D's Card Making Ideas blog and check out all the other fun fold cards.  Play along with our challenge and you may win a great image of your own.

Thanks for stopping by!
~pat~  
Pin It

3 comments:

Lorie said...

That is so sweet Pat! Great fun fold!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Adorable card! I love it! Great idea for a folded card!

Lola said...

This is SO cute!

Thanks for visiting!