Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to School Thank You

I am not sure where I did get this apple with a worm digital image?  If you know, please let me know so that I can give credit where credit is due.  I am thinking that most children are back to school by now or are starting very soon now.  When I came across this cute apple with the worm, it made me smile and think of school.  I colored the image with my markers.  I colored two images and cut out the worm and leaf from the second one and added it with foam tape right over the original design.  You can't tell from the photo, but it gives the card some dimension.  I added some glitter, faux stitching, a scalloped strip using Check Him Out DP by the Just Dreamy Collection and red cardstock and a couple of yellow buttons.  The sentiment is Greetings by TPC Studio and stamped in black ink.  The green background paper is embossed with leaves and is by Bazzill Basics.  I really don't like worms, but I do think this one is awfully cute!

ETA:  The cute little apple/worm image is from Meljen's Designs.  She had the cutest images!
I am posting this card in the following challenges:
Stamp Something (School Theme)
Bee Crafty (Anything Goes)
Crafty Emma (Anything Goes)
Fussy and Fancy (Back to School)
Cute Card Thursday (No punches or die cuts)
Fab n Funky (3 papers, 2 embellishments and 1 image)
Freshly Brewed Designs (Give Thanks)
Lil Red Wagon (Back to School)
Paper Pretties (Back to School)
Paper Take Weekly (3,2,1)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great Monday!
~pat~

"Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot".



Hansa Proverb
Pin It

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Pat - fab colours and I love buttons! Thanks for joining us at PTW. x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Hi hun the image looks like a Meljen Design to me... hope this helps
Your wormy has such a cute face, great card, love the LO
Thanks for joining us this week for CES 1st Challenge, hope to see you again next week!!
hugs shell xx

Avril Tanner said...

Absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

Sheena said...

What a fun image and so cheerfully coloured! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenge and hope to see you next week! Sheena xx

Emma H said...

Definately a Meljen's designs stamp - and you did a great job with it too! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

andrea said...

gorgeous card and love the image thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Annika said...

What a lovely card! Love the layout and clean feel and your colouring is terrific!
Thanks for playing at Stamp Something, hope to see you back next week!
Hugs
Annika

Emma said...

Such a cute card and so sweet.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Melissa 'meljen' Jenkins said...

http://meljensdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/09/cute-apple-worm-card.html ...givin' you some love! :-)

Thanks for visiting!