Monday, August 9, 2010

Songbird Hello

It makes me happy when a card comes together so easily.  I pulled out my Songbird paper pack by DCWV and made another really quick and easy card.  I started with a white card case and added a piece of embossed card stock by Bazzill Basics.  I pick up this card stock at Michael's and I am really liking it.  It comes in quite a few different colors that are embossed with different designs.  How great is this for papercrafters that don't want to invest in a die cutting/embossing machine?  I guess, maybe I am being a little lazy because I do own a Cuttlebug and lots of embossing folders.  But really, I couldn't resist buying the already embossed card stock that had trees all over it.  I added the DCWV sentiment block to a piece of yellow card stock with a scalloped bottom edge and attached the whole piece to the card with foam dots.  It's a simple, easy and very reproductible (my spell check is telling me that this is not a real word!) card.  I just realized...no stamping on this card....but something did occur to me.  I have never thought of making my own embossed DP using embossing powder.  I am thinking that is something I need to try soon. 

Happy Monday to you and thanks for stopping by!
~pat~

"Somedays there won't be a song in your heart.  Sing anyway".
~Emory Austin~
Pin It

No comments:

Thanks for visiting!