Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Smile


Sending a smile to brighten someone's day.  I finally broke down and bought the Songbird paper pack from DCWV.  Of course, not full price, but 60% off at Michaels.  I am in looove with all the yummy paper.  I started with a red  card stock base and added the floral DP...the color combo of red, golden yellow and green makes me smile.  So happy and so cheerful.  The rectangular image was part of a sheet of sentiments included in the paper pack.  The smile sentiment was perfect for this card.  I layered it over a piece of red card stock and added a golden yellow scalloped edge and attached to the base of the card with foam dots.  The red pearl gemstone was the right touch to the center of the flower and there you have a finished card very quickly.  I decided to keep the card simple without a lot of embellishments since, it will be on it's was to Canada very soon.  I am sending this card to brighten up Nancy's mom's day.

Thanks for stopping by!
~pat~ 

"Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing". 
~Mother Teresa~
Pin It

5 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a gorgeous card! I see why you had to have the paper, wow ;) Thanks for playing along with us at Operation Write Home!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love the paper and colors...I love summer the best and not many people will say that...haha Thank you for sharing

Paula S. said...

Beautiful card! You're going to be responsible for a lot of these selling at Michael's all over America now. :) Thanks for posting in the midweek OWH challenge.

Unknown said...

This combo is so Smiley!! Love it - for sure will brighten her day.

JustYolie said...

Beautiful card, I love the paper you used! :)

Thanks for visiting!